Before...

Before...
Las Vegas May 2011

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

3 Days, 3 Different Workouts

Another day down in the history books. It's been a great week. Had some of my favorite people visiting this weekend, cooked a big ole dinner -- including dessert, yes, dessert. Rocky Road Brownies -- but I only had a small piece. On Monday, I made up for it and I went to the gym for the first time this year. I planned to do my usual 30 minutes on the treadmill and figured I'd do the weight circuit. Well, once I got to 30 I thought I'd keep going to 45. Then I hit 45 minutes and set my goal for an hour, and I did it while watching HLN and listening to my iPod -- alternating my speeds between 3.0 and 3.5 -- just a nice fast walk, no jogging. Also, I played with the incline between 0 and 3.5. I felt great when I got off -- but was also starving so I skipped the weight circuit (it was full of ladies by this time anyway) so I went home and made some left over sloppy joes with ground turkey I had made a few days before and put it over some lettuce and caught up on my Ellen. Speaking of -- she has another contest to win two tickets to her birthday show. I wrote a pretty funny essay and sent in the Halloween pic of Molly and me dressed as Tony and Ellen -- which I got a little hate comment from a few blogs back. A, as in single -- and to that person, please go read the rest of the comments on that blog if you didn't and you will see my point along with others on that subject. Hopefully we'll hear something!!! Would be so great to get out to L.A. and see her show.

Last night was our second week at Zumba! It was the same play list with one other song we didn't do last week. And since nurse Molly took the splinter/pine needle out of my foot, I could really jump around and get the heart rate going. And since I was in a dancing band in high school, I could pick up the moves pretty easily -- except for two songs where I still have no idea what was going on. Maybe I'll catch on in a few weeks. Maybe.

Oh, I forgot to mention -- after all, it is weigh-in Wednesday -- no change again. BUT, at least I'm getting my butt up and moving again.

Which takes us to today....

I worked and then went to church *gasp* for the first time in quite a while few years. Sorry to all my die-hard Catholic family members out there. More apologies in that I felt a fool and couldn't remember any of the prayers except for the Our Father, Who Art In Heaven one. Can I get an AMEN for that at least? Anywho, as you all know by now, I am a Godmother to the cuteset lil thang so I have to go. And not that just I *haaaave* to, but  I should *want* to go. Mind, body, and soul, right? I just feel out of place in the Catholic church -- probably because I don't believe in half of what Catholics do, especially when it comes to gay marriage. I have so many gay friends and it hurts me that they don't have the same rights under God's eyes that we do. Separation of church and state, no? This topic could be a whole other blog...

After getting lost trying to find my way out of the church parking lot (no lie), and with my parents laughing hysterically on the other end of the phone, I made my way home and popped in my Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred DVD. Oh did I dread pushing play, but I knew I'd feel better and wouldn't hear the wrath of Marc for "falling off the wagon" again. (Speaking of, you better give me some credit now lol.) So I pushed and pulled and kicked and punched my way through it and took a nice relaxing shower. Now I sit here and collect/distribute my thoughts to you. After my three straight days of getting back at it again, having that great, tingly feeling all over, my butt feels tighter and the love handles have receded a tad, just a tad.

I feel it's only appropriate that today's quote be from my favorite TV host..

"Laugh. Dance. Love." -- Ellen DeGeneres

1 comment:

  1. Keep up the good work. I'll be cheering for you the whole way!!!

    ReplyDelete