Before...

Before...
Las Vegas May 2011

Sunday, August 11, 2013

13 Down!!!!



WOOOOO HOOOO!!!!!!!!!! I'M AT MY LOWEST WEIGHT IN AT LEAST TWO YEARS!!!!!!!!!!!! Lost 3 pounds this week!  13 total!!  9.5 in 2 weeks on the Whole9 lifestyle.  Annnnnnnnd perhaps the most exciting --  I FIT BACK IN MY TANKINI AGAIN!!!!!!!  My muffin top is down to a mini muffin -- so I'll take it!!  Felt darn good swimming in it today, too.  Swam a ton of laps.  Such a great day.

Down to 227! WOOT WOOT!


Let's rewind.  This week, not so great.  Man, my head was pounding for a good three days.  A few other people complained about headaches as well so I'm not sure if the carb flu came back... or if something was in the air.. or if it was "mother nature" visiting me this week.  Either way, the three days sucked.  Wasn't as bad as my first carb flu day -- but the headache was awful.  I rarely get headaches so it was bad.  And, I hate taking drugs so I just let it go.  I only went to the gym twice this week.  I was hoping to go more -- but I ended up coming home to work on a cover letter for a very important job that I had the opportunity to interview for.  Cross your fingers for me -- I'm still waiting to hear... but, I did feel very comfortable in the interview that I landed like a boss... which is a start!

I found a few good recipes, too...


Meet my savior -- "french fries."  These tasty little morsels are made from jicama!  I had purchased the root veggie a few days ago because, well, why not? I've never tried it.  When I was looking up recipes I came across french fries. OOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHH let me tell you how AMAZING it was!  I had a bite of it raw -- crunchy and kind of like a radish but a tit bit sweeter.  When baked, it had the consistency of a french fry -- just what I needed!  Here is the recipe.  Try it.  I added a lil bit of garlic salt or powder as well. On my shopping trip today I picked up another one!  Can't wait to have more fries later this week!  Even mom liked it -- and she's quite picky when it comes to food.

Also on the menu this week....


"Chicken Alfredo."  I nearly followed the recipe -- I don't like onions, so I kept those out.  And instead of blending it all, I pounded the cashews to break them up a bit because I wanted some crunch... and put everything in a sautee pan to warm it up.  Boiled the (frozen) chicken breasts (instead of thighs), baked the spaghetti squash.  Put it all together and voila!  Delish.  Here is the recipe for this!

Starting week 3 on Whole9.  Can't wait to see what this brings!!!!!


 "You've got to say, I think that if I keep working at this and want it badly enough I can have it. It's called perseverance." -- Lee Iacocca


No comments:

Post a Comment