Before...

Before...
Las Vegas May 2011

Sunday, July 28, 2013

Carb Flu

I have started a new lifestyle.. and let me tell you.. this is TOUGH.  I'm not even through day one.  It is the Whole9 lifestyle change.  Basically no sugar, dairy or carbs. Me not eating cheese? Are you kidding?  Thank God we aren't in football season yet -- I gotta have my beer during the games. I kinda did this on a whim.  My friend Stephanie told me about how she's never felt better and dropped a ton of weight so far - along with her boyfriend.  She talked me into it last night so I looked up some recipes this morning and thought I'd give it a whirl.  She has struggled with up-and-down weight as I have so if she found something that worked, I may as well try something else.  Breakfast was a couple eggs, green and red pepper, and an avocado.  Yum!  Lunch was a salad with a DELICIOUS dressing I made that I found on Pinterest.  Follow my board here for Paleo/Whole9 recipes.  Dinner was spaghetti squash with homemade sauce and turkey sausage.





I premade breakfast for tomorrow - an egg bake with a bunch of veggies and chorizo sausage.  Had a bite to try and it was yummy.  A little nuke in the microwave in the AM and I'll be set.

As I was munching on my dinner, I started to crave bread... bad.  I started to get a headache.  I never get headaches!  I texted dear old Stephanie and she said that is what is called the carb flu and to get used to it for a week or two.  I should prepare to feel nauseous, tired, and crave for two weeks.  After that I should feel golden.  Let me tell you -- I wanted to cry.  I felt like a hormonal teenager getting my period for the first time AND going through crack withdraws.  Not even a whole day through and I was craving bread.  Crazy how our bodies work.  She told me to push through and it gets better.  Mom suggest we take a dip in the pool.  That did the trick.  I felt much better.  I feel better now.

As for the weight -- I lost 2.5 pounds the first week... then gained 1.5 pounds over the next two weeks.  My exercise has been going well and my muscles are a lil achy so I'm not worried about the weight gain.  I can tell a difference in my thighs - hallelujah!  And, I even bought some new shorts and dresses :)  I bought a dress a few weeks ago while I was on vacay that was too tight and I wore it last week! HOLLER!

Share your recipes with me and other blog visitors!  Cheers to our fitness!

"Listen closely: the only time it's too late to change yourself is when you're dead. Until then, you're simply making excuses or lying to yourself."

No comments:

Post a Comment