Before...

Before...
Las Vegas May 2011

Sunday, July 7, 2013

Making it Public... Again

I posted on social media today a picture of the scale -- my produce haul -- and me exercising.  I'd love to add it here right now but it won't let me email it to myself.  Hmm.. well, check my Facebook or Instagram.  Needless to say, my birthday is in 2 weeks. My 8th anniversary of my 21st birthday as I like to say.  Then it'll be the big 3-0 next year.  #bikiniby30 -- that's my new thing.  I probably still have one shoved in the back of my drawer that I wore once, maybe twice... in the privacy of my home... when I lost weight back in high school. It's blue and sparkly -- doesn't get much better than that!  I'd love to whip that sucker out again!

I was back looking at some old posts where I said I wanted an Olympic butt lol.  Mine is so boring!  I remember a few years ago I was getting a nice shape to it from using the elliptical.  That's my fav machine!  Yesterday I did 20 mins on the bike... 30 mins on the elliptical... 30 mins circuit training... and prob 30 minutes of swimming/jumping around the pool.  Not bad, not bad.

Today I made some fun recipes from Pinterest.  A cucumber salad that was so simple and tasty!  Cut it up real thin... put it in a bowl... few squirts of lemon juice and EVOO -- a few dashes of chili powder to your liking.  Cover it - shake it - yum yum yum!

I also made sweet potato chips.  Cut the sweet potato real thin. Preheat 425.. cook for 15-25 minutes (depending on how thin you cut them - the thinner the better.)  I put some salt and vinegar in a bag and when the chips were done, add them, give a lil shake, and BAM a tasty and mostly healthy snack.

I just premade my salad for work tomorrow so I'll just have to put it in my lunchbox and head out the door!  Have some yogurt and fruit to snack on. Trying to cut down on carbs like so many have suggested and I know.  I have been cutting down on sammiches for lunch and have been adding more salads.  Think I'll bring some soup, too.  Soup and a salad... then head to the gym after.  Homework is going on the back burner.  I'm pretty much caught up with all that - just have to finish writing my Prospectus (what on earth is that anyway??)

Now -- I know the sweet potato is a starch... but isn't that a good carb since it's a veggie?  If you have some great recipes, share them in the comments!

I hope to be updating this more often now... including my little thermometer which I had been neglecting.  (I HAD been down 12 pounds... Now at 2.5... but no looking back.  Only forward.)

Time to bring back an old quote since I love my food... and need to remember moderation is key.

"Food does not taste as good as thin feels." -- Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment